Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Fear

Fear was the first feeling to compound inside me when I got to know that somehow, I've been enlisted into a ceramics course. I had signed up for a 3D art course, but the first lesson inducted me unwittingly into an area I've tried to avoid. Of course I love challenges but this, I felt was beyond me.

A lot of negative thoughts ran through my mind. I am pretty much a practical person person. How would this course benefit me when I could hardly afford the time or patience to indulge in this form of art. Frustration began to take its seat beside my fear. How could I ever learn something that I couldn't even begin to like?

It dawned on me then that this must be how some of my students may feel when I teach them a subject that they are weak in or even hate. If anything, this was worth the shot for my students. If I could overcome this fear, then perhaps, I could help them overcome any of theirs. And so, the much reluctant journey begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment