Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Great Collapse

I was in the midst of coiling my pot today when it collapsed. I had neglected it for over two weeks and there was a price to pay. Though I had stored it well, I was taking too long to complete the pot. The main problem was that I could not get the hang of  rolling the coils. As easy as it may look or sound, my hands would not cooperate to create the luscious long coils that my pot needed. I ended up with short, stressed out coils that could not even cover the circumference of my pot. It was frustrating, and I actually felt stupid. I needed a perfect coil. When the unfinished pot collapsed, my hands finally woke up their idea.
Though my pot lay broken, my spirit stayed intact. I spent the rest of my precious Saturday to start on a new pot. I feel so exhausted, this being the most challenging project by far. Hopefully this pot will be completed by this week. I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment