Friday, March 26, 2010

Painting and Glazing

This is most definitely my favourite part of the process. Glazing is pretty easy as the glaze has already been prepared and the paints are also ready-made. The colours will be pretty much the same as it looks now  as to when the vase has been fired. It can get pretty complex if I decide to create my own blend of colours like Paul Jackson. I love his works and hope to be able to apply his style to my biggest pot. For now, it's just a simple green to accentuate the leave and the rest is awashed in white to provide the contrast. My precious vase. Still conservative here as this is my first time colouring. Mmm..I thought that I was a risk-taker. What's going on here...maybe I will make more pots and find the courage to try out everything and anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment