Monday, March 14, 2011

Facing My Fears



By far, this is the most challenging form for me to undertake particularly because my coiled pot has collapsed halfway before. So now, I'm more cautious now thus making the whole process a little more tedious than I would have liked it to be. Still, I'm happy to note a great progress in my coil rolling. Rolling coils is not my forte, apparently, and I had struggled greatly because of my inability to roll a decent coil. Practice makes close to perfect and I am happily rolling away longer coils. This helps greatly as it takes me half the time to build up my pot. I have not decided on my final design yet but the clay will talk to my hands soon enough.



Shape me, Hold me

Be my friend

Feel me, Hear me 
Understand

Filled and Emptied
Day to day
Till the last drop
Just...Stay

No comments:

Post a Comment